Neck pain can came come from the neck towards the arms, shoulders, and shoulder blades. Some types of Headache can be a symptom of a neck problem. Advice on how to prevent this problem from re-occuring is vital if it is to go away completely.. Appointments can be made to be seen in Dereham or Norwich Norfolk.
Neck problems are quite common. About 30% of patients I see have neck pain, and seek Osteopathic treatment to make it better. Some common symptoms of a neck problem starting are;
Therapists have a look at my How To Treat neck Pain one day Course in 'Training'
- Neck stiffness, especially in the morning
- Sudden sharp stabbing pains side of neck or over an eye
- Headaches at the back of the head, sometimes coming to the forehead and above eye.
- You can't look over your shoulder very well
- Pain in neck going towards or into shoulder / shoulder blade/ or arm
How To Treat?
- Keep moving about, it will stop you getting stiff
- Sleep with a foam pillow, not a feather one.
- Sit in a firm supporting chair, feet on floor.
- Do not sit and read, or drive a lot, or use
- Do not apply heat to your neck, it will make it more inflamed and painful
- Sleeping on your back, with your head slightly raised is the best position for sleeping
Your Appointment will include